Michelle Bianchi Pingel, Managing Director/CEO is no stranger to the Longboat Key and Sarasota communities. Born and raised on Longboat Key, Ms. Pingel attended St. Joseph Catholic School in Bradenton and graduated from Cardinal Mooney Catholic High School in Sarasota. She holds a Degree in Interdisciplinary Social Science. After nearly 10 years of retail and two brief positions with both the county and city governments, Ms. Pingel joined The Players Theatre in August of 2002 as the new Administrative Assistant. She was promoted to Office Administrator in August 2005 and Director of Operations in February 2007. In September 2008, the Board of Trustees of The Players Theatre promoted Ms. Pingel to the position of Managing Director/CEO during one of the greatest economic crisis the country had seen since the Great Depression. Ms. Pingel immediately presented a “split management business model” to the Board with the position of Managing Director/CEO focusing on all aspects of business and finances and the position of Artistic Director focusing on artistic quality and productions. She revised the operating budget, reorganized the staff, streamlined the theatre operations, and reduced expenses by 27%, saving the theatre from near bankruptcy. The success of the “dual management team” has brought the theatre back to a growing $1.4 million operating budget. In 2011, The Players Theatre was awarded the Cultural Organization of the Year Award presented by the Greater Sarasota Chamber of Commerce as a direct result of the duo management business model. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board Member/Advisory Positions
- State of Florida Grants Panel Member adjudicating over 30 professional theatres inFlorida
- Board Member of theSarasota CountyArts& CulturalAlliance
- Serves as one of three members of the Governance Committee for the Sarasota County Arts & Cultural Alliance
- Member of the SarasotaCountyCEC (Cultural Executive Committee)
- Guest Speaker for Sarasota County Chamber for “Secrets to Successful Selling” 2012
- Sarasota County Chamber Small Business Awards Judge 2012
- Ringling College of Art & Design’s Greatness Beyond Measure Judge 2009 & 2010
- Member of the National Association of Professional Women
- Vice President – Sports Club –CardinalMooneyHigh School
- Chair of theCardinalMooneyHigh SchoolClass of 1987 Alumni Association
- Member of the Church of the Incarnation
- (Past) Board Member of theSarasotaRingling Redskins
- Featured as ABC7′s “Most Amazing Woman on the Suncoast” 2014
- Cover and featured article in November 2011 issue of West Coast Women
- Featured in October 2011 in the Powerful Women issue of The Sun
- One of the most influential leaders in Sarasota in “Leading the Scene” SCENE Magazine 2011
- “Top 100 Women on the Scene” SCENE Magazine 2009 & 2012
Jeffery Kin-Artistic Director, is also an award winning actor, director, playwright, and teacher. As an actor, Mr. Kin has performed such roles as Max in LEND ME A TENOR, Jerry in THE FULL MONTY, Guido in NINE, Oscar in SWEET CHARITY, and Salieri in AMADEUS. He has directed award-winning shows such as BIG, A CHORUS LINE, CANDIDE, SPITFIRE GRILL, and A COUNTRY CHRISTMAS CAROL. As a Producer, Mr. Kin’s productions of: THE PRODUCERS, TITANIC and TOMMY have won a wide variety of theatre awards. As a Playwright, three of his plays: ANNA, LEONA & THE LADY LUCK, ALWAYS A PART OF ME and SMOKING have won numerous awards and have been produced in venues around the country. Mr. Kin holds a BFA in Performance from Otterbein University and is the founder of etc…the eclectic theatre company, that produces GOT A MINUTE?, a one-minute play festival that has raised over $100,000.00 for cancer research. email@example.com
- Best Actor Columbus G&L International Theatre Festival
- Best Play for “Anna Leona & The Lady Luck” CGLTF
- Best Actor “Wave Award” Watermark 2007
- Best Ensemble Cast “Spitfire Grill” (Director and Actor)
- Best Director for “Wit”
- Best Play “Lend Me A Tenor” Herald Tribune (Producer/Actor)
- Finalist in Theatre Odyssey’s 2012 10-Minute Play Festival for play “Twilight at the memorial Grove”
- SRQ Magazine as One of Sarasota’s “up and coming”
- Numerous feature articles in The Sarasota Herald-Tribune, The Pelican Press and The Observer
- Named a local “Firepower” in Sarasota Magazine
- SRQ Magazine…12Things feature article “Thespian Dreamer”
- Named One of Sarasota’s Most Influential People by Watermark Publications
- Feature Article “Living on the Suncoast” May 2012
- Photo spread and Interview in Eden Magazine July 2012
Mr. Kin is a huge proponent of volunteerism and spends countless hours as a speaker, emcee, auctioneer, and is a re-occurring judge with both High School Idol and Sarasota’s Got Talent as well as a mentor for the Education Foundation.
Jolie Schroeder, Director of Operations, joined The Players during the summer of 1996. Ms. Schroeder is responsible for office operations and procedures for the box office as well as supervising all aspects of The Players Studio, including establishing curriculum, hiring instructors, coordinating community events, and overseeing performance groups. She is very proud of the accomplishments of The Players Kids, most recently a High Gold Award for their performance of “Freak Flag” from Shrek the Musical. A Sarasota resident since 1986, Ms Schroeder has 23 years of experience in the operations of performing arts businesses. firstname.lastname@example.org
Berry Ayers, Production Manager/Director of Music, is also the Director/Choreographer of Sarasota Silver Stars, Vocal Director of The Players Kids, and an accomplished Musical Director. He performed for five years as The Naked Maid, traveling with the show Naked Boys Singing, as well as performing in the NYC Off Broadway company at The Actor’s Playhouse and in the original run at the Celebration Theatre in Los Angeles. email@example.com
Patty Campbell, Evening Box Office Manager, joined the Players Theatre team after a long history in the arts with the Sarasota Sailor Circus program. She began as a performer in 1969, became a volunteer coach when she enrolled her five children in the program, and ultimately assumed the position of Circus Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
Cobi Ackerman, Daytime Box Office Manager/Social Media Coordinator, is a newcomer to The Players Theatre, but no stranger to the arts. She has 7 years experience in choirs, and holds a Bachelors of Science in Computer Animation from Full Sail University in Winter Park. As a Sarasota native, Cobi has worked with local advertising company, AdGals, and Art & Frame of Sarasota. email@example.com.
Carrie Lutz, Public Relations Coordinator, holds a Masters Degree in Interpersonal Communications. She joined The Players in 1996 as a volunteer and assumed her role as Public Relations Coordinator in 2009. In her current position she administers the distribution of free theatre tickets to over 50 local non profit service organizations. Ms. Lutz is also an accomplished actor, singer and dancer and has performed on The Players main stage numerous times.
Kaylene McCaw, Costume Shop Manager, has been sewing professionally for 25 years, and brings a thorough knowledge of garment design and construction, as well as a comprehensive study of fashion history. She received a Bachelor’s Degree fromWesternWashingtonUniversity. Ms. McCaw oversees and coordinates a team of volunteers who bring lifetimes of professional skills to the service of building costumes for theatrical productions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Betty Morris, Volunteer Coordinator, is a retired professor fromSan FranciscoStateUniversity. She manages assignments of over 500 volunteers and organizes and trains the volunteer ushers. She and her husband have lived in Sarasota for ten years staying active volunteering for various nonprofit arts and human services organizations when she is not teaching class as an adjunct professor at the State College of Florida. email@example.com
Nate Myers, Technical Director, as a Pennsylvania native, Nate has been the Technical Director of the Groundlings Theatre and School since 2009. During his tenure at the legendary Los Angeles Improv Theatre, Nate oversaw the first complete renovation of the Main Company Stage in over 14 years. His accomplishments at the Groundlings also include the addition of a first-of-its-kind, 50-seat student theatre. Prior to the Groundlings, Nate has worked as a Lead Scenic Artist on more than 100 large-scale television and theatrical productions including FOX’s Hell’s Kitchen, CBS’s Big Brother, The Geffen Playhouse’s The Seafarer and the refurbishment of Disneyland’s attraction Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. firstname.lastname@example.org
Steven Vincent, Director of Dance, attended Adelphi University, Garden City, New York, where he received a Major in Dance with a Minor in Dramatic Arts. He partnered on Broadway with Ann Reinking, and toured with Mickey Rooney in George M! Steven has been Director of Dance here for the past fifteen years where he enjoys passing on the love of dance. He is director of The Players Kids, and has choreographed several musicals for The Players Theatre for which he received critical acclaim.
Jason White, Director of Marketing, A local Sarasota native, Jason holds a Masters degree in Arts Administration from the University of Miami and a Bachelor’s degree in Music from Florida State. Jason has worked with and has been involved with many arts organizations including UM Frost School of Music, Florida Studio Theatre, Sarasota Orchestra (formerly FWCS), Sarasota Opera, Sarasota Film Festival, Inspired Minds, Inc. and is happy to find a home at The Players. email@example.com.