Website The Players Centre
Position Title: Director of Development
Reports to: CEO
Supervises: Occasional volunteers
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all development aspects for The Players Centre for Performing Arts including, major gifts, annual giving, planned giving, special events, and capital campaigns. The Director of Development works closely with the CEO and the Board of Trustees in all development and fundraising endeavors.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Embrace the mission of The Players Centre.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills; Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and CRM for development and ticketing.
- Have knowledge and successful experience in professional fund-raising techniques, particularly lead annual giving and major gift fundraising and experience with non-profit organizations.
- Possess the skills to work independently as well as with staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Be organized and goal and task oriented.
- College degree preferred.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
Minimum of 40 hours per week
Primarily Monday – Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm but may adjust or fluctuate depending upon performance and event schedules. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Meet prospective donors, sponsors, and other supporters on a continual basis to establish relationships and effective communications with them.
- Grow a lead annual giving and major gifts program (discovery, identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship).
- Collaborate with staff in grant seeking including research and proposal writing.
- Outline and direct annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Accurately maintain nonprofit profile with online research sites ie: Guidestar by Candid, The Giving Partner.
- Work closely with the CEO and Board of Trustees on Board giving and development.
- Execute donor stewardship program and best practices for donor retention.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about The Players with the community.
- Lead Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee development data, tracking, and maintenance.
- Work with Marketing to share mission message through multiple channels to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Represent The Players Centre at community and business events.
- Look for and create business and nonprofit organization collaborations within the community for mutual benefit.
- Always demonstrate professional conduct.
- Remain current on nonprofit trends and continuing education.
- Maintain organized efficient records, providing monthly status reports to present at the beginning of each monthly board meeting.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org